Actor Surya’s Etharkkum Thunindhavan movie released and running successfully right now. In this movie, the actor Surya downloads the Police App of the State of Tamil Nadu on every woman’s mobile phone and raises awareness that if there is any danger, the police and the family can be informed through this app.
Although this Kavalan app has been available for many years, this app has been gaining popularity in recent days. Going into this app and pressing a button is enough to send a message to the police immediately. Here See full details about this App.
KAVALAN SOS App
Tamil Nadu Police Department is proud to bring to people of the state, the KAVALAN SOS App as a part of the Tamil Nadu State Police Master Control Room initiative, which the people of Tamil Nadu can use to seek police assistance instantly in emergency situations such as physical emergencies, eve-teasing, kidnapping or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, etc.
WHO IS THE KAVALAN SOS APP FOR?
The General Public of Tamil Nadu especially women and children can use the Kavalan App whenever they feel vulnerable or threatened so that help from the Police can reach them at the earliest no matter where they are. People can also contact the Police instantly through this service during emergencies such as natural disasters. Anonymous complaints can also be verified immediately, saving time and resources in the price.
HOW DOES THE “KAVALAN SOS” APP WORK?
- Tamil Nadu Police Department’s official app “Kavalan SOS” is available for Android and iOS. After installation, provide your personal mobile number, home address, and alternate mobile number for registration.
- Post-registration, provide mandatory details like your email address, date of birth, gender, address, and city.
- Provide contact details of any TWO relatives or close friends as Emergency Contacts preferably living in the same city.
- Details such as mobile number, name, and relationship are mandatory. Additionally, you can add a third contact person as an Emergency contact.
- You will receive an activation code on your registered mobile number to complete sign-up.
- Enter your activation code and your sign-in process is complete.
- The Kavalan Home screen will be displayed post this. During an emergency, pressing the SOS button on the home page starts a 5-second countdown.
- After 5 seconds, the app automatically sends the current location along with the Panic signal & video recording from your back camera to the Control room Kavalan team.
- Within a minute, the team will contact you and ascertain the type of emergency assistance/help required from the Police Dept. Simultaneously, your location will also be sent to your preregistered “Emergency Contacts” as an SMS alert.
- This app is also working under the non-data availability area by transmitting alerts in the form of SMS to the control room to ensure the availability of service.
- All the permission required during the registration process is only for the purpose of proper functioning of the SoS app and all its associated features. Department is not accessing your device or data.
- Some of the permissions are as per the policy of the Google play store. All user details/data are under a safe and secured department’s IT infra environment only by following all required standards.